Esther Oyebola Adekoya
Esther Oyebola Adekoya is a gifted writer, dramatist, poet, film producer, an emotional health therapist, a counselor, a minister of God and an established bookseller. She writes under the auspices of Heartrose Series and the author of the following bestsellers which is under Lagos State and Oyo state Ministry of Education Curriculum. They are: For How Long, Make it Soon, The Betrothal, Precarious Fate, Isabella’s Testimony, For the Wrong Reason, Scar, Beyond the Scar, Strange Affection, The Missing Puzzle, Violated, His Will, Heartless, Healing for Your Depression, Healing for Your Negative Emotions and FEEL, THINK AND LIVE WELL manual.
Her inspirational writings brings emotional health to the depressed hearts and sexual health to the perverted. It also addresses societal ills and the prevalent of moral decadence among our teens and youths and reveal divine ways of arresting this situation.
She is an Emotional Health Therapist and the president of Heartrose Care Foundation, a registered initiative with Corporate Affairs Commission which is cut out to promote and restore emotional health to the depressed through education and therapeutic support.
Being an Associate Member of Association of Professional Counsellors of Nigeria (APROCON). She is actively involved in counseling and encouraging people to live the beautiful life that God intended for them; especially the adolescence and adults.
She has certification in Social Sector Management from Enterprise Development Centre/Pan Atlantic University.
She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Education
She has worked in partnership with Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board to organize sensitization program tagged: RESCUE FOR THE DEPRESSED CHILD AND RESCUE FOR THE DEPRESSED in all the 20 Local Government Education Authorities such as Kosofe, Ikeja, Agege, Amuwo Odofin, Eti-Osa Mushin, Ojo, Shomolu, Surulere, Oshodi-Isolo, Alimosho, Ikorodu, Epe, Badagry, Ifako-Ijaiye, Mainland, Apapa, Ibeju-Lekki, Ikorodu, Lagos Island.
The sensitization program entails the following
- Train-the –Trainers – for Teachers cum School counselors
- Pupils and Students – Seminar on ‘Let’s talk about your feelings’ and Emotional Intelligence in the Adolescent.
- Organizing a Counseling Clinic both online and offline for rape victims, traumatized and depressed victims .
- Parents Forum – ‘Emotional Intelligence in a home situation’
- This program has extended to other Private schools in Lagos.
- The same program has been done in different children and Christian camps and in numerous religious Organisations
- The Wellness Workshop has gone into the Workplace such as Cadbury Nigeria Ltd, Nagode Industry and others.
- Training program on
BASIC PROGRAM ON EMOTIONAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT AND COUNSELING SKILL
ADVANCE ON FEEL , THINK AND LIVE WELL THERAPY
- The Education committee and Outreach Community of Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Yaba.
- Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board –
- Masterminds HRSG Consulting
- Havilah Engineering Limited
- Mental Health Foundation – World Federation of Mental Health
- APROCON – Association Of Professional Counsellors of Nigeria
- Lagos State COVID-19 Psychosocial Team s
- And many others
HER WORKS ON MENTAL HEALTH FIELD / PUBLICATION
- Healing for your Depression
- Heartrose Emotional Health Counseling cards
- Healing for your Negative Depression
- Feel, Think and Live Well manual
- Feel, Think and Live Well Workbook
- Causes and Cures of Teenage Depression
- Breaking Bad Habits
- Other Counseling Resource materials and tracts
- RAVE TV – links to humanity on DEPRESSION 1 AND 11 AT raveng.tv
- Heartrose Online Counseling Clinic for Abused, Traumatized and addicted Victims.
- Heartrose young ambassador Team
- TALK SHOW – InsideOut with Agatha
- LTV 8 on ‘Lagos Today’ – Emotional Wellness show on Mental Health Awareness Week and Mental Health Day
- LTV 8 Newswatch
- WAZOBIA TV
- Local Newspaper – Ilupeju Today
- Health Monitor – TV show – To talk ‘Coping Strategies’
- PUNCH Newspaper – https://punchng.com/adekoya-urges-nigerians…..
- Punch Newspaper – https://punchng.com/restlessness-suicidal-thoughts-are-symptoms-of-depression-adekoya/
- Punch Newspaper – https://punchng.com/people-going-through.depression….
She is married to Pastor Adekunle Adekoya. They have three children.